Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In and Around SoCal

This past week I was in Southern California, and I figured that I should spend my vacation doing what any sane person would do: train jiu jitsu (right?).

First up was Rickson's Academy on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles.



Class was taught by Shawn Rice. Solid instruction. Would expect nothing less from Rickson's school, obviously.

Next up was Newbreed in Santa Fe Springs. Met up with my buddy Tameem there.


(we're both really photogenic.)

After a bit of class and some scenario spars, we rolled for a while. Got to learn a bit about Tameems secret-weapon overhooking guard. Cool stuff. Watch out for him and his x-guard sweeps at a Southern California purple-belt tournament near you.

And finally, a shot from my hotel room in San Diego, just because I like it.




Experience, travel - these are as education in themselves.
-Euripide

No comments:

Post a Comment