Friday, June 19, 2009

Hangin' Out in CT

While on the road to Boston, I stopped to spend a few days at my girlfriend's place in South/Central Connecticut. I had her ask around to try and find a place near her where I could get some mat time in.

Luckily, she knew of a few people that trained at Ultimate MMA (www.ultimatemmact.com) in North Haven, CT. I headed down to catch their 6:30 Blue and Purple belt Gi BJJ class on Thursday and the Open Mat on Friday.

The class was taught by Ryan Gracie blackbelt Renato Migliaccio. Unfortunately, I arrived a little late (it was pouring out, and a got a little lost), so I wasn't able to catch warm ups. The crew was preparing for an upcoming competition next week, so instruction was passed up in favor of rolling, rolling, and more rolling. I went all four or five rounds, and don't regret a minute of it. Ultimate has some tough guys (including a Mundials purple-belt winner), and I'm sure they will do well at the upcoming competition. On top of that, everyone there was extremely nice, friendly and hospitable. I am sure that I will be returning whenever I am in the area.

Thanks guys!




(Pretend my belt is tied...)

No comments:

Post a Comment